Solar Installation Process
Mar. 15, 2016
Precision analysis ensures expected results
Posted: Tuesday, 3/15/16 @ 2pm EST
Every home is unique in shape, size, and surroundings, which is why it is essential to analyze each one to determine how a solar system can be customized to the particular property. Before any contracts are signed or equipment purchased, Boston Solar will carefully evaluate the key conditions of your home, from roof size, pitch, orientation, shading, and other variables that impact energy production. We don’t begin the project until we are confident of the outcome—and you are too. With a team of engineers and dedicated project managers, Boston Solar is dedicated to delivering the success we promise.
Adding a solar system to your roof can seem like a daunting home improvement project, but our team of technicians makes it quick and easy. We will take care of every detail, from permits to screws. All you need to do is flick the power switch when we’re done. Here's the steps involved:
- Consultation - We first perform a careful analysis of your home to evaluate its solar prospects. Based on the findings, we’ll be able to give you a good estimate of the energy production – and financial savings—that can be expected, from your monthly bill to the long-term investment returns. This is also where we will discuss the financing options available, along with the financial details each offers, from the payback period, return on investment, and other numerical matters of interest. Once the numbers are squared away, we’ll pick the panels and give you mock-up pictures of what they look like on your roof. By the time the consultation is done, you will have all your concerns addressed and questions answered.
- Engineering analysis - Now for the data crunching. Our in-house team of engineers will do a detailed site evaluation including 3D satellite site renderings, a structural roof analysis, and electrical assessment of your home. After all the cranks are turned and computed, we’ll have precise measurements and calculations to install your solar system.
- Installation - With all the hard work done, installation is a breeze. We will take care of all permitting, incentive applications, and utility applications. And of course, the installation of the solar panels themselves. This operation is led by a licensed electrician joined by a team of panel installation specialists. After they’ve finished, inspections are performed along with a quality assurance follow-up to ensure the system performs as expected.
- Power-up! - This historic moment might be worthy of a ceremonial occasion, so we can leave the honor to you. All that needs to be done here is simply flicking a switch to turn-on your new source of green energy.
- Protection - Even after we’re done installing your solar system, we’re not done supporting you. We are the only installer in Massachusetts that offers a 25 year warranty on the products (solar panels and inverter(s)), workmanship and production. We’ll ensure quality is maintained and monitor performance for the life of the system. Not only that, if you have a question, you can contact us anytime and we will help!
A project manager will personally guide you through every step of the process. Any concerns or questions will be promptly answered to your satisfaction.
Keep this in mind as well: When you hire Boston Solar to do the job, Boston Solar does the job. All of our expertise is in-house, so the same company that sells you the system is the same one that installs it. We’re all on the same team, working together under the same high quality standards to ensure you’re happy with our work. That’s what you’ll get with Boston Solar.
Contact us today to get started!
Director of Marketing at Boston Solar