Not All Solar Companies are Equal: How to Choose the Right One
Feb. 15, 2018
Published 2/15/18 @ 8pm EST
Installing solar panels is a great decision and a smart investment, but it’s important to have the right solar company on your side throughout the entire process. So if you’ve been thinking about getting started on a solar installation for your home, make sure you work with the right solar company.
Choosing the Right Solar Company for Your Solar Installation
Here are several tips to make sure that you hire the right solar company for the job:
1. Research a Number of Solar Companies
There are a lot of solar companies out there and between nationwide providers and local solar installers, it can be downright overwhelming. Often, local solar companies provide the best service since they are comprised of individuals who live in your area, know the region, and are in touch with all local legislation, incentives, and financing.
As you start thinking about going solar, do your research on the best local solar companies in your area. Check out their websites, read reviews,
and browse through customer testimonials. Also, make sure you identify the company’s credentials.
2. Review Your Options for Solar Financing
Not all solar companies provide the same financing options and some of them won’t even know about all the incentives that may be available. That’s why it’s important to understand and review each solar company’s options.
Some questions to ask include:
- What is the best option for receiving the highest return on my investment?
- What financing options does your solar company provide?
- Do I qualify for local financing options such as the Mass Solar Loan Income-Based Buy Down?
- What other solar rebates or incentives are available to me?
3. Understand How the Solar Company Works
Once you’ve narrowed down your search for the right solar company even further, it’s time to really understand what kind of service you’ll be receiving if you decide to hire them for your solar installation project. This includes speaking with a solar consultant, scheduling a home visit, getting an estimate, and looking at a contract. The only way to truly understand how the solar company operates is to ask questions.
Here are some things you should definitely take the time to understand:
Why Boston Solar is the Right Solar Company for Your MA Home
The quick 4-10 year payback for going solar here in Massachusetts makes it especially important that you select the right solar company to handle your installation.
- Locally owned and operated MA solar company
- No subcontracting
- Customer service is the top priority
- High-quality solar product installation
- Strongest warranty on products, workmanship, and production in MA
Make sure you’re getting the best solar company for your home solar installation project. We’re here to answer all of your questions. Simply fill out the form or give us a call at 617-858-1645.