Is Solar Right for My Small Business?
Nov. 10, 2021
Commercial solar panels make sense for businesses of all sizes, especially here in Massachusetts. With some of the best commercial solar incentives in the country, Massachusetts offers small business owners an excellent opportunity to save and even earn money while reaping the benefits of solar energy.
Here’s why commercial solar panels are worth it for your small business:
Lock in 25+ Years of Low Energy Bills & Reduced Operating Costs
When you install commercial solar panels, you’ll be able to power your business for free during sunlight hours, helping you save money and reduce your operating costs. At Boston Solar, we back our solar PV installations with an industry-leading 25-year warranty, so you can lock in electricity savings for over two decades!
The number of solar panels you need to offset your electricity costs depends on the amount of electricity your business uses, among other factors. Boston Solar installs commercial solar energy systems of all sizes and can determine how many solar panels you need for your business. We install custom solar arrays and will design your system to maximize electricity production and cost savings.
Earn Tax Credits & Monthly Income With Commercial Solar Incentives
Solar is like having a virtual tenant on your roof. Commercial solar incentives can significantly reduce the upfront cost of a solar installation and help you generate ongoing monthly income with your solar panels. Massachusetts offers some of the best commercial solar incentives in the country, including:
- Investment Tax Credit (ITC): The ITC allows businesses to receive a federal tax credit worth a percentage of their solar installation’s total cost—26% in 2021 and 2022. To get the most savings from the solar tax credit, you need to act quickly. This number is set to drop to 22% in 2023 and will be locked in at 10% from 2024 onward.
- Modified Accelerated Cost-Recovery System (MACRS): MACRS is a depreciation program that helps reduce the payback period for commercial solar. Businesses can choose between a 100% first-year “bonus” depreciation or a 5-year MACRS schedule.
- Solar Massachusetts Renewable Target (SMART): SMART pays monthly solar incentives to commercial PV owners for up to 20 years.
- Net metering: Commercial net metering allows businesses to “sell” the excess electricity their solar panels generate to the grid in exchange for credits to offset electricity bills.
- ConnectedSolutions: Commercial battery storage qualifies for ConnectedSolutions, which pays incentives to solar battery owners who allow the grid to pull electricity from their batteries during peak demand periods.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint & Position Yourself as a Green Business
Solar panels reduce your reliance on the grid and the fossil fuels it burns to generate electricity. By installing commercial solar panels, you’ll be shrinking your carbon footprint and helping limit carbon emissions.
This is good for the environment, and it’s good for business, too. Many consumers are looking for sustainable, eco-conscious small businesses to support, and going solar can help you win these customers. Installing solar panels can also help you attract new employees who want to work for an environmentally responsible company.
Talk to Boston Solar About Solar Energy for Your Small Business Today
Boston Solar has been installing solar panels in Massachusetts for ten years and has completed more than 4,800 installations. We are a 100% locally owned and operated company helping small businesses throughout Massachusetts go solar. Solar benefits small businesses in every industry, and we can help you find the right PV system for your business. Commercial solar financing is available!
Looking for a commercial solar panel installer in MA? Call 617-858-1645 or contact us to learn more about solar for small businesses.